board of trustees & STAFF
Mary Ellen Volkmar, President
Barbara Showers, Vice President & Secretary
Amy Walker, Treasurer
Vincent (Rocky) Quinn
Mary Linda Lacotte, Library Consultant
Linda Mihalecz, Senior Library Assistant
The Elmer Library Association does not have a dedicated source of revenue for the operational expenses of the library. The library is staffed by a paid part-time librarian and assistants and many dedicated volunteers. The Borough of Elmer provides the facility and contributes public funds every year, and Upper Pittsgrove Township, and Pittsgrove Township also contribute public funds depending on their budgets. A significant source of income is yearlong fundraising activities including raffles, holiday candy sales, bake sales, road cleanups, Harvest Day 5K and Mayors Mile, and the Basket/Designer Bag Bingo, held every spring at the Elmer Fire Hall. Check the circulation desk for our current fundraiser and to find out how you can help. Your tax deductible donation is always welcome!
The mission of the Elmer Public Library is to serve the community by providing a basic collection of currently useful educational information and recreational materials including but not limited to books, pamphlets, periodicals, internet, books on tape, CD-Rom resoursces, children's story time, summer reading programs, current best sellers, fiction & non-fiction, and Elmer historical items. Our goals:
- Encourage young people to develop an interest in reading and learning through a variety of services for children and young adults;
- Deliver quality information services responsive to individual and community needs;
- Collect, preserve, and make available the history of Salem County and the Borough of Elmer;
- Provide opportunities for lifelong learning for all people;
- Promote awareness and integrate th eservices of the library into the Elmer community;
- Maintain attractive, structurally sound,and safe library facilities.